A List of VERY late resolutions.

Ok, so I have been meaning to post a list of things I want to improve about myself or do better. I meant to do it around New Years, but, of course, it never got done. So here it is.

1. NOT BAIL. It is so easy to have excuses not to do things when you have a baby. Seriously, you can pretty much blame anything on them and people can't really say much. It's not like someone is gonna say "You're baby isn't really sick, bring him out anyway". Plus it is honestly so much easier at times just stay in and not have to get everything ready to go, worry about if your baby is going to be fussy, or if its going to to interrupt his nap time. One of my hugest pet peeves, is when people bail on doing something last minute, when they previously said they would. I mean coming up with a bad excuse is one thing, but just not showing is so much worse! But then I got to thinking, holy crap, I am guilty of doing this exact thing! There have been many times where I am just not feeling like going out of the house and putting makeup on, so I make up and excuse...It is really annoying of me too. So I have decided to REALLY try and not do this. Unless there is an actual legitimate excuse, I am going to try and make myself do things and not cancel! A legitimate excuse being that Max or myself is Actually sick, with a fever or cold or what not, or something that I HAVE to do came up instead. Otherwise, if I said I am going, I am going!
2. PUT MY BIG GIRL PANTIES ON. This kind of goes hand in hand with the first one, but I really need to start manning up and doing things by myself, (or just me and Max) especially since Jeff is leaving in a few days. I still get so nervous about bringing Max out in public...I really do think that having him alone on the terrible flight a few months ago, seriously scared me. It was the worst feeling of my life and I honestly get sick to my stomach just thinking about it. Driving around England makes me nervous enough since the roads are all weird and tiny, so that in itself make me not want to go anywhere farther than 10 minutes away. But having to worry if Max is going to be crazy is the other major part. Well, I have decided it is time to get over it. Yes, I am still pretty terrified, but other people/moms can do it so so can I! I just have to make myself, otherwise I know I will be stuck at home forever.
3. MAKE FRIENDS! I think I got spoiled in Montana because I was able to make such good friends really quickly. Pretty much right away, I had good friend who I could tell anything too, and I miss so much! I have always needed good friends in my life and even though I have moved around a lot in my life, I was always able to make some relatively fast. Here is has been different. It gave me a huge shock to realize that in 2 months we will have lived in England for a year! Wow I can't believe how time flies! I know this time it has been different because of the baby, making it much harder to get out (thus the upper resolutions), but yikes. I  mean I am not completed lame, I do have a few friends here that I really like and we have started to get together. I know making close friends sometimes takes a while. ( and I feel like it is different with moms, because everyone has such different view on parenting and it can sometimes get really tense when moms don't agree) I just really miss being able just call someone and be like, hey im coming over to hang out and wathc movies, or lets jut talk, or hey lets grab dinner....I need to try harder to make friends here, because I REALLY miss it.
4. WEAR LIP COLOR. This one is slightly off from the other ones, but still important. Every few years or so try and change my makeup routine and I really want to make lip color a staple. Every time I see a photo of myself, I think "man my lips need some color" but yet I hardly wore and color because lipstick was always a pain. Well, I have changed that and am have several different color of lip stains which I wear whenever I put makeup on. It last mostly all day and I can just put gloss over it through out the day.
5. FLOSS. Man I just hate flossing so much! It takes time and is annoying and gross. I really just hate it, but every time I got to the dentist they always ask me, "how often do you floss?" I say "Umm... not very often". The they say " So like twice a week?" and I lie saying "Sure". Truth is I rarely floss at all, and I know it is important so I am going to really make an effort to so it twice a week at least so I don't have to lie to the dentist haha.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My so called schedule

Simply Whelmed...