Last Days in the States...

It's only 3 days until Jeffrey and I leave the US and head out to the great country of England! Loads has happened to prepare for leaving in the last couple days/weeks....

First off, we finally finished cleaning our house, after what seemed like forever of cleaning. I really didn't realize how dirty my house was until everything was gone and I was forced to scrub the entire thing! Our housing inspection is tomorrow at 10am and both Jeffrey and I are kinda nervous. This will be our first base housing inspection and since we moved into a brand new house, we have heard it will be brutal! I guess anything we will just see if we end up paying for anything major to be fixed. We will most likely have to pay for the lawn since we were supposed to have the grass grown and green, but being that it snowed 2 days ago...it doesn't look great...I am hoping all our hard work in the effort to save money and clean the house ourselves will actually pay off.

I am officially not the President of the Malmstrom Spouses Club any longer and let me tell you that it feels great! Although, my year as Pres was fun and definitely interesting, I am glad it is over. I will probably join a spouses club over in England, but never again will I be in charge of one! I forgot how much drama girls can be:)

Oh- for those of you interested, I finally did get my visa. It came in on Friday and thank goodness too!

Since yesterday was Memorial Day, we had a get together with a bunch of our friends. Its weird to think that that was the last time I will see a majority of them...I can't even really seem to grasp it yet. Everyone has been so awesome in letting Jeffrey and I borrow/use  mattresses, sheets, tables, pans, cell phones, washer and dryers and so much more. I can't believe how amazing everyone has been. Thank-you so much to all the Great Falls friends out there! The last 2 weeks would have been miserable if it had not been for all our y'all's generosity!

Wow, what else? Only 10 weeks until little Baby Beene arrives! BTW we have decided we are going to call him Maximus and call him Max for short:) We haven't figured out a middle name yet, but a lot of people have been asking about a name, so there it is! I am feeling him move so much recently! He's getting really strong too! I am a little worried about the long flights as the doctor told me I have to walk around every hours for good blood flow...could be annoying when I'm trying to sleep haha. Hope it goes by fast!

People keep asking us (Jeffrey and myself) if we are excited or sad to be going to England, and honestly we are just ready to be there already! All the prep work is a little over whelming! I can't wait until I have a home again with my own things all set up! (although the movers say our stuff won't arrive over seas until Aug 1!) It finally feels like everything we can do here is done, and now were just waiting to get there and get more stuff done...we are just playing the waiting game now. There are a lot of questions and things we don't yet know about like in England but I am sure we will figure it out in England and will let everyone know:) Oh, after Thursday neither one of us will have working phones, so the best way to contact us is email or facebook. Yes, we will update stuff to let everyone know when we get there safe and have a house and all that:)

Next time I blog I will be in England! Eeeeek!


Comments

  1. So going to miss you Erin but I am looking forward to seeing you next Spring when I visit. I hope you two enjoy life in the UK as much as Paul and I did. Good luck and I can't wait to read about all of your adventures!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My so called schedule

To Work or Not to Work