Better

After the depressing emotional mess that was my last blog, I am feeling better and ready to blog in a more positive note:)

Pregnancy/ Baby Update:
I have recently been suffering from heart burn (which is so wierd feeling since I had never had it before). It comes upon me every night, but I keep my handy tums on the bed stand, so its not terrible yet.

Also, I must express my worsening frustration in trying to find somthing to wear that is not yoga pants and t-shirts. It seems maternity pants just don't work for me as I can't seem to find any that remontly fit. Either they are so huge and slide off all day where I am constantly pulling them up or they are so tight around my butt that there is no way I can wear them for an extended amount of time. I would love to just stick to dresses and shorts (I have actually found one pair of maternity jean shorts that fit and I love) but it is actually quite chilly and rainy here and have not been able to wear shorts for an entire day without freezing my legs off. Also those huge bands of stretchy material at the top of maternity pants just makes my belly itch like crazy! So since I have a very limited wardrobe right now any way (still living out of a suitcase) I find myself wearing the exact same things every week...and they aren't cute things. Although I don't really like being the frumpy pregnant lady who only wears sweats- and I told myself I never would be- I am finding as I'm getting larger and larger that is they only thing I can wear comfortably. The same things go for shoes, I only packed about 6 pairs of shoes, 3 of which are tennis shoes and 2 are flip flops...Although I haven't yet had any problems with my feet swelling, but I am so ready for the day where I can wear my cute shoes comfortably again!

I finally have gotton an appointment with an OB next week, on Monday. So that was a huge hassle and a huge relief. I also got signed up with several baby classes they offer here at the base hospital so that was also positive.

Max has been kicking insanly, I have to say sometimes it is down right painful and when he kicks me in the bladder, somtimes I don't know how I manage not to pee my pants right then and there! (Sorry if that was tmi)

I also find it more and more uncomfortbale to sleep because I can't seem to get comfortable and the pillows here in the hotel are not helping in the slightest. (I think Jeffrey and I have become somewhat of pillow snobs anyway) I just couldnt handle the crap pillows here and we went out and bought some amazing, amazing pillows that were well worth the money! The last 2 nights sleeping with them has been so much better! I don't care what anyone says, get your self a good expensive pillow and it will save your life! (Especially if you're pregnant, but Jeffrey doesn't mind it either)

What I have been doing lately:
We have managed to get a few things done around here despite the fact that we won't be able to move into our house until June 28. Still no word on when we will recieve our household goods, but fingers crossed it will be in July sometime. We can get rental furniture for our house for the time before our stuff gets there. We bought some new furniture here too ( a futon and a recliner (( I am dying to use the recliner now!))). We also took and got our British drivers licenseses. I barely passed the test, but what can I say it's been years since I actually had to take a test of any kind:)

-Oh, I got myself a library card and was able to check-out some movies and TV series I wanted to catch up on anyhow. (I had forgotton about the good old fashioned library!) I also have several knitting projects to work on as well, so keeping occupyed much better now:)

Tomorrow is Jeffrey's birthday and we plan to do dinner and movie in Bury, since it's also a down day, he gets to sleep in, which is nice for him:) Saturday we are going to the Queen's Birthday parade downtown and London and next weekend we signed up to do a trip down to Warwick Castle. So we are getting out and about after all:)

I will try to post some more pictures soon. I'm sure we will have some from our weekend excursions, but I not looking my best so posting pictures of myself is a little scary these days:)

Sad recent events that happened to one of my dear friends, has reminded me just how precious life is and that I shouldn't let the small things bother. It is the important things in life that matter, and some things just happen..so worrying about them will not help anybody. Plus my "problems" could be so much worse and and I thank God every day for everything that He has given me!



Comments

  1. Erin this sounds great! I love that you are feeling better heart burn aside. I had it so bad that I kept tums on me at all times. Sorry about the weather and the clothes. I had a hard time feeling cute when I was preggers too. I know you will have a great weekend and I have to say I am a bit jealous of all the great traveling and fun shopping. I miss you dear friend. Please post a pic of that beautiful baby belly. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simply Whelmed...

My so called schedule