Waiting

Thought I would write a blog although not too much has been going on here. Mostly ALOT of sitting around and waiting....waiting I feel like I've become an expert!

As some of you know, we were supposed to get into our house this past Thursday, but on late Wednesday afternoon, the housing office decided to call Jeff and let him know we wouldn't be able to get into the house after all. As it always seems to happen, Jeff was in training all last week and wasn't able to have his phone on him, so he got the message around 4...with most offices on base closing by 4:30, we had a little bit of stress! I was able to call the housing office and get a sort of answer as to what was going on. Apparently, the former family in the house had failed their house inspection so everything was pushed back... Why the housing office could not have told us this sooner, I have no idea. Anyway, since we were supposed to get our house, we were scheduled to check out of TLF (Temporary Lodging Facility) on Thursday, and this being heavy PCS season, they were all booked up in the lodging and we couldn't stay in our room. After some negotiating, we managed to get a small hotel type room across base for the next few days. Of course since Jeff still had his week of training, the room move was all up to me:) Jeff loaded up all the heavy bags in the car the night before so I wouldn't have to worry about that, but bright and early I was up to haul all our luggage and aqured groceries and things from one side of base to another. (Now I know this task doesn't seem all that difficult, but something about being preggo makes a girl feel so helpless I swear!) Anyway, of course the new room is on the second floor ( I asked about ground floor, but they were all booked up:( ) So there I am in the parking lot of the new room and I pull all our big and heavy bags out of the car and onto the pavement. As I stood there wondering how in the world I was going to get these very heavy bags inside and up the stairs, 3 airmen happened to be walking by and offered to help! (Again with the being pregnant and looking helpless bit I guess) Thank God they were there honestly, because I really think there is no way I could have gotten that stuff upstairs in my state:) So after a few more trips back and forth between rooms, I managed the switch! So, the new move in date for our house is now July 2, which is Monday. I am beyond excited to be in a house again, we are getting cable set up that day, a new TV delivered, some rental furniture delivered, and some newly bought furniture delivered as well! It's gonna be a big day, so we better not get pushed back another day!
As far as household goods go, we got an email saying our stuff had arrived in country, but was going through customs and they would let us know when they could deliver. Not sure what that means, or when we will get our stuff, but heres hoping next week or the week after. Living out of a suitcase for over 6 weeks is starting to get a little monotonous. I'm ready for my own stuff!

With not a lot going on, Jeff and I have been trying to do stuff. We had our trip to Warwick Castle last weekend and that was fun, although the walking was not so fun for my feet. We have tried some of the local pubs around the place too, but mostly just hung out. We have seen several movies on base this past week, well what can I say the base theater is walking distance away and super cheap too! With Jeff gone for training last week, I managed to get through 3 seasons of Desperate Housewives (a show I have always wanted to watch, but never did, it's kind of ridculous though) and finished the 6th Harry Potter! I've also managed to get in some extra sleep with naps and sleeping in. I'm so happy I can finally sleep again! I mean I still wake up at least 2 times a night to pee, but at least I can mostly fall back to sleep. I think I am making up for my weeks of sleepless nights a while ago. It has been a lazy weekend so far, with Jeff and I taking walks around base and simply hanging out. Tomorrow we have a BBQ with his flight to go to, so that will be nice and then hopefully on Monday we will finally have a house! I'll post pics of the inside of the place as soon as I can!

So more waiting as we wait for Max to get here...almost 35 weeks and feeling fine. I can't believe he is gonna be here so soon! in 2 weeks I will be considered "full term" and could go into labor! I'm ready to not be pregnant anymore, as the last months of pregnancy are not very comfortable, but I am getting more excited to meet this little baby that has been growing inside of me for so long! I have been trying to figure out a birth plan of sorts, but I have heard labor isn't the type of thing you can even plan at all..so I'm having a difficult time deciding what to include in this so called "plan".  Oh, also, I have been trying to figure out a way to let everyone know when I do go into labor since our phones aren't the most reliable and neither is our internest situation. (and I checked the WIFI in the hospital where I will be giving birth is really bad!) So basically Jeff and I are thinking that we will just be able to call parents and thats it:( Hopefully they will be able to notify other family members too. Otherwise, just keep an eye on facebook status for a baby update:)

Anyway, thats all for now, if any of you have tried texting me in the past few days, I may not have gotton it becasue our internet in this new room is really bad and starting Monday, we won't have internet in our house for about a week and half..so communication might be a little iffy after this weekend:) But we let you about any updates:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My so called schedule

Simply Whelmed...